Saturday, March 2, 2013

Why I love Canon Printers

Hi everyone,

 I've been meaning to share my experience with Canon printers for a few months. So now here it is.

I've been through my share of printers over the years. None of them lasted very long, but I certainly wasn't buying top of the line either. About 8 years ago I decided to look for the printer in my price range with the most positive reviews. The hands down winner of my  online search was the Canon Pixma 500. I think I purchased it for less than $150. I never had a problem with it. I mean NEVER. In 8 years. I can't say that about too many other items I own. My Vita Mix, Dyson vacuum cleaner and KitchenAid mixer come to mind, but that's about it. Certainly never got that kind of mileage out of any other brand of printer, even ones I paid more for. So when my beloved Canon finally bit the dust, I started looking again, but this time I stuck with Canon, looking for the closest Pixma to the one I had. I found one in the same price range. Surprising after 8 years to find a comparable printer at the same price. It gets better.

I decided to call Canon. I had a few questions..  I also wanted to see if I could get a better price from Canon. So here's what happened. The sales rep was very nice and also very helpful. Nothing like good customer service. He told me the retail price which was about the same as I had found on line, around $125.

 But then he told me there was another option. He  used the word "refurbished."  When I hesitated, he told me what refurbished meant to Canon. First they are not broken items that are repaired and resold. Most of the refurbished items have never been out of the box. They are returns from stores making room for newer models or returns of overstocked items. A few may be customer returns, but not because they are broken. As he was telling me this, I thought to myself, "yeah, right." But then he told me the price:  $40. That included some kind of discount and shipping. And it was returnable. What could I lose? Even return shipping was free.

So now I have my Canon Pixma MG5320. It looked band new.  It's a 3 in 1. It does everything I want it to, only quieter than my last printer. I love the new  features. Since I got my printer, the price has gone down on the MG5320, but it's still not as low as $40. That makes me even happier, because if I had  paid full price, I'd be mad about the new lower price. :O) We've all had that happen.

 I know many people (like me) are devoted to a brand, but for those who are looking for a good deal, I think Canon is worth a look. I am one happy customer. I just wanted to pass this information along. I felt that I got a great deal.

Thanks for stopping by.
Marie

No comments:


Welcome!
Hello Everyone,Welcome to my new blog . And I really mean new. This is all so new to me, but I am sure I will soon be up to speed. I knew it was time to create a blog when I started feeling that I was missing too much fun. I plan to share ideas, favorite things, and information. I love making soaps and toiletries, so you can be sure to see some ideas and tips related to bath and body care. I have so many favorite things; I hope to share them with you in fun ways. Enjoy your visit.