Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Carrie of Noelle Garrett Designs. Thanks, Carrie. Now I must list seven facts about myself. This is fun, yet challenging. I want to seem at least interesting, if not exciting, and still tell the truth :o) I can only promise my facts will be truthful.

1 I love jazz. As a teenager I was so passionate about it. In a time when Elvis Presley was everyone's idol, my idol was Max Roach, a drummer. My dream was to have a son who played the drums. My idol is now Thelonious Monk, but I do have a son who plays the drums.

2 My all time favorite thing to eat is ice cream, especially Ben and Jerry's. However, I can still remember Edy's White Out. I had it once and searched and searched only to discover it was a limited flavor. I even wrote to them and asked them to bring it back.

3 It has only been 5 years since I have been able to travel. I have been to Nice and Paris alone and to Rome with a school trip. The only place I would return to in a heartbeat is Nice. I always thought it would be Paris.

4 I was raised to believe that girls should get married and have families and stay at home and live happily (or unhappily) married ever after. It did not work for me. I was divorced with 2 babies 3 months and 15 months old. I raised my sons alone and have lived alone for so long, I don't know how I would behave if I had a husband. Not at all what I thought would happen, but I am happy with my life.

5 My son, the drummer, followed in my footsteps and became a teacher, even though I warned him not to do it. He is a brilliant teacher who gets measurable results, and he loves it. I am so glad he did not listen to me. My other son is handicapped; he has a big heart and is a history buff.

6 I was born in Philadelphia, but moved to New York almost 25 years ago. I love where I live in the Bronx. Even though I live in apartment, I have a back yard. It is so peaceful and quiet. One of my friends from Manhattan said living here it was like living in the country. I love it.

7 I published 2 books and am working on a third.

So now I must tag some people. I have chosen

Theresa of Cottage Violets

Cathy of Treasured Heirlooms

Silena of The Enchanted Valley Boutique

Susan of The Dutch Rose

11 comments:

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Marie,

Thanks for sharing the little facts of yourself with us. You are such a strong woman, and you are so inspiring!

Pei Li

Cottage Flair said...

I am so enjoying reading everyone's facts about themselves. Sounds like you have been through alot and come out ahead.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

A published writer!!!! WOW!
Susan *dutchrose*

Inka Smith said...

Marie,
Sounds like you have had some ups and downs too. You have been very blessed to have been able to travel some. I long to do so. Maybe one day.
Inka

Patricia said...

Now why did we not know you are a writer?? Titles?? C'mon Marie, we want to know.

Have a great vacation,

Pat

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Thanks for sharing yourself. But I am in LOVE with your kittie widget. I hope you don't care but if i can figure it out I have to add him to my blog...k

Unknown said...

Hi Marie!

How are you pinkie? I was thinking of you today. Hope you are enjoying the summer. Wow..I think it's amazing that you are a published writer. I sure did love reading about you. You rock Marie!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Silena said...

Hi Marie,
Thanks for tagging me. I will attend to that very soon....now I want to know about the books that you have published. That is quite an accomplishment and being a book lover, I am very impressed. Thanks for a fun post!!

Carolee Crafts said...

Your story is an inspiration to all of us.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Wow Marie, very interesting. My mother was born and raised in Brooklyn but I can not imagine living there...I used to live in Palmyra at the base of the Tacony-Palmyra bridge just across from Philly.
(())

Unknown said...

Hi Marie,

Loved reading things about you! I was thinking of you this morning and thought I would pop in and say hello. Hope you are doing well. Have a great weekend!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows


Welcome!
Hello Everyone,Welcome to my new blog . And I really mean new. This is all so new to me, but I am sure I will soon be up to speed. I knew it was time to create a blog when I started feeling that I was missing too much fun. I plan to share ideas, favorite things, and information. I love making soaps and toiletries, so you can be sure to see some ideas and tips related to bath and body care. I have so many favorite things; I hope to share them with you in fun ways. Enjoy your visit.