Monday, January 5, 2009

A Make Mine Pink Christmas










Hello Everyone,
Yes, Christmas is over , and for some it may even seem to be long gone. I just took my tree and decorations down yesterday because I had company over the week end. It occurred to me that a lot of my Christmas items came from my Make Mine Pink sisters. So I decided to photograph them.

The first three items are from my secret sister, who was Dianne from Mama's Pocketbook. The first is a cardinal and according to legend good fortune comes to those who have a cardinal in their tree. The second is a lovely stylized pine cone. The third is a tree topper. The rose under it has been our tree topper since the first tree in my own home. So I just put it under Dianne's wonderful Santa.







Next is a votive holder from Dawn at My Hydrangea Home. My (flameless) votive is surrounded by glitter jingle bells from Whimsy Pink. The second picture shows a white tree also from Dianne, A snow lady from Susie of The Polka Dot Rose, and I am so sorry to say that I forgot which person I purchased the aqua jester from, but I do love him. He is so happy. If you recognize him, send me your link.The little pink thing is a snow globe I purchased from Duane Reade, a drug store here in NY. It was only $4.99!!



These last two are an ornament from Susie and a cupcake from Patty of Pink Hugs Sweet Shoppe. This ornament is one of my many favorites. It is clear glass filled with sand and shells and lovely blue sequins and sparles. Next to it is one of Patty's cupcakes. It was beautiful. I sat it in the tree for this photo, but it was really displayed on a table. I also had some of Patty's miniature cupcakes in the tree. They were so adorable.
Well, that's it. As you can see, Make Mine Pink made my Christmas very lovely. That's because you are all so talented.
I want to apologize to Carol of Clutterbug Studio and Lilli Blue of Lilli's Vintage Rescues. I purchased a stocking from Lilli and a Pixie Yourself from Carol. Both items were given as gifts before I got this idea. But they were both a bid success.
Thanks and Happy New Year to all.



P. S. Did I mention how I hate trying to arrange pictures on Blogger?

10 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Lovely decorations, think won't be that long before they go up again next year and then we can enjoy all over again. Good of you to support the Pinkies and makes each decoration tell a story.

gail said...

Hi Marie,,, You really got some great things from everyone at MMP. So pretty. I hope you have a wonderfully happy retired year! I remember what its like to leave a toxic workplace. Its wonderful to be away from there. Happy Creating.. hugs, gail

Patricia said...

Everything is so pretty. You really cannot go wrong buying from MMP boutiques. I've never been disappointed.

Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Marie

I love all your beautiful Christmas decorations. You sure did have a MMP Christmas.

Lisa

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey Marie,
It looks like your holiday was just perfect with all your beautiful treasures from MMP. Happy New Year!
bunny kisses,
shell

Lilli Blue said...

Marie you rock. Thanks for your purchase and thanks for including me in your holiday.
And yes blogger photo placement is a big pain in the rear!LOL
I am enjoying my soap so much. I gave a bar to a friend and he said it was the best soap he ever used. I have an idea brewing about gift baskets of soap.You'll be hearing from me! Lilli

Anonymous said...

What a fun advertising piece!
And I agree about posting pics...it makes me crazy!
Susan *dutchrose*

Eileen & Karen said...

Our Pinkies are the best! Thanks for sharing their talents! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.com

Susie said...

Hi Marie! Happy New Year! That was such a lovely S&T. I got to see all your MMP goodies and am tickled pink that you love that beach ornament and the glam snow lady. Sweet. Just like you!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Marie,

Happy New Year! What lovely things you have collected all from the pinkies sisters. The faux cupcake is really nice...Oh I don't like arranging photos on blogspot too, they appear on the top of the post everytime and I have to edit them to where I want them to be.

Have a great week ahead!

Pei Li


Welcome!
Hello Everyone,Welcome to my new blog . And I really mean new. This is all so new to me, but I am sure I will soon be up to speed. I knew it was time to create a blog when I started feeling that I was missing too much fun. I plan to share ideas, favorite things, and information. I love making soaps and toiletries, so you can be sure to see some ideas and tips related to bath and body care. I have so many favorite things; I hope to share them with you in fun ways. Enjoy your visit.