Saturday, April 18, 2009

Show and Tell Bonanza




Hello Everyone,

Happy Spring. I have lots to show today. I want to share with you some items I received from two friends at Make Mine Pink.


First up is Stephanie at Shabby in Pink Boutique Stephanie has a wonderful selection of items in her boutique. Just perfect for Easter or Spring is this rabbit doll all dressed up in a white spring dress embellished with applique and embroidery. I placed her next to a picture of my grand daughter, Lili, who is as cute as a bunny. Maybe even cuter.


I knew the minute I saw this Fleur de Lis that it was meant to be in my living room. I have loved the Fleur de Lis symbol ever since I can remember. It is on my logo and I even make soap in the shape of a Fleur de Lis. I have a few other Fleur de Lis pediments in my living room. I guess you could say I have a small collection.



Finally, here are some wonderful extras that Stephanie included. It was such a pleasure opening that package. She added a little wand with a lovely purple ribbon and picture of violets. You can see it in my planter. Just under the planter is a vintage French soap sign. Since I make soap, this struck me as an especially thoughtful gift. Thank you, Stephanie.

Stephanie's treasures really brightened up my room. Thanks to her, I am ready for Spring. Don't forget to click the link above to visit her site.


Warning! The next image has unladylike language. But it is my page, and I can say whatever I want.




I recently blogged about Tedi, who has a lovely online book shop called The Petite Bookstore. Tedi specializes in titles that appeal to women. What a great idea! It really saves time when I want to purchase a magazine or book. I don't have to sift through unrelated titles. The book I blogged about is The Creative Entrepreneur. As a gift with purchase, Tedi included a journal and matching bookmark. I am now using Tedi's journal to create my own visual journal.

One of the writing prompts is to make a list of things that I'd like to stop doing. I am not an artist, so I used scrapbooking software. On the facing page, I have a quotation that says, "The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you." When I open my book to that page I have a very focused vision for that day or as long as I want.


Thanks for stopping by.

Marie

19 comments:

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

What lovely items from Stephanie. I also love the french soap sign. Very thoughtful!

I'd have to agree with you about The Petite Book store. I've also purchased favorite books and magazines of interest from Tedi. I always look forward to opening my package. I love her branding and her handmade bookmarks are adorable.

lisa said...

Marie

I love all the beautiful things that you purchased and received as gifts. How thoughtful of Stephanie to include something so heartfelt and personal. She's a sweetie.

I love your "stop" page. I need to stop doing many of those same exact things.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Anonymous said...

Neat "stuff!"

Now, you don't sit on your a$$, do you!!! We are waiting for our lavender plants...for the display...will give you a heads up!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

gail said...

Hi Marie,,, what a fun post! The bunny is as sweet as Lili, (almost. ) :) I love Tedi's books she carries. They always come packaged so special. Stephanies package arrived just as beautiful. Its wonderul shopping with Make Mine Pink!
Have a pretty week,
(()) gail

Cottage Flair said...

GReat post and what lovely items from you received. I really like the soap sign.

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Marie,

I love seeing the new items you have gotten from the other MMP ladies. They are all very nice and thoughtful! I love the vintage french soap sign!

Have a wonderful week!

Pei Li

Carolee Crafts said...

I love the spring bunny, she is so cute, the soap sign and the wand, what beautiful additions to your perfect purchase.

Love your vision board and how true about the dreams and ourselves.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You did get some treasures...but I do have to disagree about one thing.
You ARE an artist, it shows in what you do.

(())

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Marie,

I just love shopping with Stephanie too. She always has the neatest thigns. I love your journal page. Those are some great reminders. Have a lovely week.
Carrie

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Thank You Marie~ I am so happy you enjoyed shopping!
Too funny~ Love the vision board! Hey your grandaughter sure is a cutie...
Pink Hugs,
Stephanie

Shabby Shan said...

Marie,
I love all the pretties you got from Stephanie, especially the bunny! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Shannon
www.shabbyshanscottage.com

Unknown said...

Hi Marie!!

Awww....that bunny is adorable! I just love bunnies! I need to shop at Tedi's Book Store! Love all the goodies you got from our pink sisters. Thanks for sharing it with us Marie. It's always a treat to visit you.
xxoo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Carolyn Kocman said...

very nice. gotta love that steph! i like your list. think i'll have to make one myself!

carolyn
www.theoddsparrow.com

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey Marie!
Your granddaughter is as cute as a bunny! I totally agree!
You are an artist and don't ever think different young lady!
Love your vision board. Way cool. Love the part about not being nice to assholes. LOL! big time!
bunny hugs,
shell

Kimberly said...

How wonderful to receive such lovely gifts. The bunny is adorable and reminded me of the bunnies I used to make

Patricia said...

Love that bunny! all the treasures are great, the soap sign is perfect. Have a good week,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Janet L Christian said...

love the bunny doll

Sierra said...

I agree...I love journaling my ideas and positive energy for the day. I think it is so important to turn off the computer and do what you want to get done for the day! Thanks for visiting my blog...have a wonderful day!

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Marie, isn't it fun with a surprise when you receive a package. Love all the things you bought from Stephanie and I have to agree about Tedi, I have bought from her too.
Hugs, Helene
SistersGiftCompany.com


Welcome!
Hello Everyone,Welcome to my new blog . And I really mean new. This is all so new to me, but I am sure I will soon be up to speed. I knew it was time to create a blog when I started feeling that I was missing too much fun. I plan to share ideas, favorite things, and information. I love making soaps and toiletries, so you can be sure to see some ideas and tips related to bath and body care. I have so many favorite things; I hope to share them with you in fun ways. Enjoy your visit.